Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 12:35:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Street Fighter update  (Read 30013 times)
m1moto

« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2009, 05:58:04 AM »

Nice I like it.
Lots of hard work and effort to make it your own Personal Custom and that's all that matters.
Keep up  the great work

2006 S2R1K  |  Red + White  |  Full Carbon Arrows
http://freshbrand.com/
Fox

succisa virescit

« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2009, 08:49:39 AM »

I just posted up more photos on my shutterfly account. Follow the link to the carnage of Laguna Seca. Higher quality photos of the streetfighter are pictures 19-30. I hope that provides a clearer pictuer of the bike.

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=5f9c8c95b01aa10b&sid=0AZtHDZs5bt2TjQ

2008 KTM Duke 690
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2009, 09:11:11 AM »

Thanks for the pics. Very nice.  waytogo

But did you have to get in every shot with the hotties?  Grin

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Fox

succisa virescit

« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2009, 09:12:27 AM »

Unfortunatly it was not me in with the hotties...I was on the other side of the camera.

2008 KTM Duke 690
ghostface
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2009, 09:52:16 AM »

I saw that bike at Laguna and didn't realize that was the Retro SBK joint. Nice.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2009, 08:39:52 AM »

Unfortunatly it was not me in with the hotties...I was on the other side of the camera.

Those are nice, but where are the inappropiate for children pictures?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:49:21 AM by duccarlos » Logged

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
cyrus buelton

aka JuddDDDdd

« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2009, 08:42:46 AM »

cool bike except for the rockstar can

No Longer the most hated DMF Member.

By joining others Hate Clubs, it boosts my self-esteem.

1999 M750 (joint ownership)
2004 S4r (mineeee)
2008 KLR650 (wifey's bike, but I steal it)
Fox

succisa virescit

« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2009, 09:35:55 AM »

Those are nice, but where are the inappropiate for children pictures?

A guy can dream Smiley

2008 KTM Duke 690
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2009, 07:08:27 PM »

A guy can dream Smiley

Dude, if you guys didn't get a few pictures of bare breastesses is because you weren't trying.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
DoubleEagle

" If you are unafraid you will be safe "

« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2009, 07:24:00 PM »

The Rockstar can is a signature of ours. We used it on our 218rwhp Freddie bike, and every bike since. Trust me, we drank an ASSLOAD of rockstar to build this bike. Our supplier was out of our signature Titanium hose clamp to mount it. It will have one on it before the magazine shoot.

LA - The stock frame has never seen 175hp. the stock bike is no where near that in the real world. The stock welds are below what i consider acceptable, so they were replaced. The bike feels like its hinged in the middle so we fixed that in the frame.

Whats inside the swingarm is a bit of a secret. thanks.

The DP kit? you are kidding, right? We shaved more than 7lbs off the crank and flywheel, not to mention the simple porting and pistons, all you need, and then some. The biggets gains were found in the cam timing and in the intake mods, like most always.

I dont quite understand your comment about the smodel suspension being worth? this is an S model, but the S model suspension, while ohlins, is far from superbike spec. The bodies and pistons were changed, and a mid valve was added. Now the suspension is pretty amazing. Im happy.

Dont get me wrong, the stock bike really is pretty good, this is just my version of what they could do without having to mass produce the thing, and now having to worry about some wobbler getting on it and killing themselves.

As far as the subjective statement, Yeah, its my opinion, and Freddie Spencer's, so I feel safe in quoting it.

[Asado, the mirrors look pretty cool... are they as wide as the Stockers? My shoulders are a bit wider than most, and tend to block out most everything..  Do you know anyone at Rizoma? PM me with that, and Id love to give them some exposure if the stuff is good.]

Taft - This actually wasnt that bad of a build.. A bit stressed, but the Transformers build was all hands in and more than 1600 hours in 21 days... I brought cots to the shop and got a hotel room down the street so the guys could shower.

I dont think Im going to leave the stock ECU on it, I rode up with the TC off... WAY more fun that way, but killed a Pirelli in 800 miles... its DONE Wink

Will
I have a 4xl upper body and my solution to any mirror problem is I just raise my arm a little and look under my arm. I guess you could say I look under my arm pit.

Actually I raise my Elbow and look under my arm pit. Works with my my Stock " R " mirrors and my Rizoma Radial Nakeds on my S4Rs.The BMW K1300GT mirrors are wide enough that I can see normally.

Dolph    Smiley

'08 Ducati 1098 R    '09 BMW K 1300 GT   '10 BMW S 1000 RR

Shortest sentence...." I am "   Longest sentence ... " I Do "
Michael Moore
Testa di cazzo
WebGeeK

« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2009, 07:11:13 AM »

I can't believe I missed this thread.

Retro - congrats on the Cycle World write up, and props to Scott at Desmoto (who has my bike as we speak, although sadly just for new tires.)

So now that you're done, I have a couple of questions:

Was it hard to relocate the exhaust so that it doesn't kick your right heel out? The stock setup is an ergonomic disaster. I threw a couple of spacers and longer bolts on, but it isn't a perfect solution.

Could you talk a bit about the fueling/ECU mods? Did they get rid of the 3.5-4K flat spot?

Again, congrats on a really nice bike. It's probably a good thing I don't live closer to Camarillo, or I'd be sorely tempted.

La nuova moto e il vecchio motociclista :: 2000 Monster 900 (il vecchio) :: 2008 Vespa GTS (doppio) :: 2010 Streetfighter S ("il PastaBusa")

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: