Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 27, 2024, 08:41:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 695259 times)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2055 on: December 12, 2011, 01:37:58 PM »

Maybe. Can you post your "objection" so that we can review it? I'm certain that you could draft something more cogent than I could.

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
Bill in OKC

S4Rs

« Reply #2056 on: December 12, 2011, 01:50:37 PM »

The Ducati dealer that I bought my bike from closed their doors last week.  The next closest dealer is in ?Dallas? I think.  That means I'll have to ride it or haul it 7 hours there and back - assuming I don't have to make two trips.  It would be nice if a tank could be boxed up and mailed to a Ducati shop or DNA for evaluation/replacement if the nearest shop is several hundred miles away.

'07 S4Rs  '02 RSVR  '75 GT550  '13 FXSB  '74 H1E  '71 CB750
Frisco

« Reply #2057 on: December 12, 2011, 08:49:27 PM »

The Ducati dealer that I bought my bike from closed their doors last week.  The next closest dealer is in ?Dallas? I think.  That means I'll have to ride it or haul it 7 hours there and back - assuming I don't have to make two trips.  It would be nice if a tank could be boxed up and mailed to a Ducati shop or DNA for evaluation/replacement if the nearest shop is several hundred miles away.

Bill - I was at AMS Sat getting mine done and Jeff was talking about the shop in OKC closing down - you might want to call him or Sophia and see if they can help you out logistically

2007 S4RS
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #2058 on: December 13, 2011, 07:06:30 AM »

Call them and tell them your situation.  You may be able to get a waiver.  the downside is that the shop doesn't get the labor from Ducati.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #2059 on: December 13, 2011, 07:08:14 AM »

Maybe. Can you post your "objection" so that we can review it? I'm certain that you could draft something more cogent than I could.

I'm not sure that's a good idea for obvious reasons.  If people want to see what I'm writing up PM me.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #2060 on: December 13, 2011, 07:12:02 AM »

do you have any prose?  the coffee is not doing its job this morning yet, i thought poetry might help get things moving...   Tongue  

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #2061 on: December 13, 2011, 07:16:02 AM »

do you have any prose?  the coffee is not doing its job this morning yet, i thought poetry might help get things moving...   Tongue  

how about a limerick?

I bought a ducati, tank of plastic,
I thought that it looked quite fantastic,
I put some gas inside
and it became double-wide
ducati's response?  unenthusiastic.

junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #2062 on: December 13, 2011, 07:17:04 AM »

yahtzee!

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #2063 on: December 13, 2011, 07:24:57 AM »

how about a limerick?

I put some gas inside

You've been listening to "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" way too much.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #2064 on: December 13, 2011, 07:36:03 AM »

You've been listening to "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" way too much.

carlos, you can rest assured that has never sullied my meatus acusticus externus

Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #2065 on: December 14, 2011, 05:29:52 AM »

how about a limerick?

I put some gas inside

laughingdp Vino!

2007 red S4Rs
muskrat

« Reply #2066 on: December 15, 2011, 06:10:08 AM »

take a picture of the latch, several in fact and emailed them to Dallas.  You never know, they might just approve it via email and only one trip would be in order.  Sad that OKC shut down.  Everyone there was nice.

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #2067 on: December 19, 2011, 12:10:29 PM »

If anyone else wants to join my objection, I need to have your signed affidavit in by THURSDAY of this week.

PM me your name and email address.  I will send you back an affidavit.

You have to fax it back to me completed and notarized by THURSDAY

ducatizzy/izaak

CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #2068 on: December 27, 2011, 06:50:45 AM »

Bad News guys....my Caswell coated tank is beginning to show signs of potential bloating....the areas near the seat on the sides is starting to look a bit wave-y...Perhaps I didn't coat it properly.  I'll haul it up to the dealer for a look this Spring.
twolanefun

« Reply #2069 on: December 27, 2011, 07:02:40 AM »

Sorry to hear about your coating, soemthing I really don't want to do and just one of the reasons from my objection. I sent my objection out last week, also copied AMA, and intend to continue to keep my legislators informed/bugged etc... - Gene

"I know a few roads"
92' PASO 907ie
02' M900 54K+ Miles
04' ST3 58k+miles - Sold
01' Victory Sportcruiser 30K miles, 04' Victory Kingpin - 111K+ miles
09' XR1200 - 15K+ miles
13' Diavel - 13K+ Miles Pay attention and things will be okay
EX-MSF Instructor, EX-President MAD
AMA Charter Life Member, Patriot Guard Rider
Victory Motorcycle Club, Charter Member
Patriot Guard Rider
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 191   Go Up