Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 27, 2024, 08:38:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 695255 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2190 on: January 13, 2012, 03:15:33 PM »

That maketh me a grumpygus.
you expected otherwise?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #2191 on: January 13, 2012, 04:22:30 PM »

No, but fingers crossed and all that.  Y'never know when people will surprise you by doing the right thing. I will write a letter expressing the amount of shame brought upon the __________ (fill in the blank: civil justice system, ethics board for creating an environment where problems are handled through inadequately representing clients needs and similarly not advocating zealously therefore, and marquee manufacturer who touts passion and loyal ownership club of ducatisti as brand advantages) brought about by this inadequately researched issue and hastily negotiated settlement.  

I was unable to object to the settlement, but I would consider voicing my objection by refraining to buy new models directly when I could instead buy "slightly used" - I do perform all maintenance myself, so they'll recover no dollars there. Doesn't mean I am certain to jump ship (as I have no doubts Dax will proclaim of himself), but I would advise DNA and Factory that consumer-confidence may be at a low-point, and there are doubts as to brand reputation integrity. (what coffee shop poseur wants to endure the ridicule of "bloaty-tank guy" by other hipster coffee shop connoisseurs, I ask you?)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 04:25:05 PM by j v » Logged

muskrat

« Reply #2192 on: January 13, 2012, 04:29:37 PM »

BULLSHIT!

And yes I plan on jumping ship unless the Multi issues are fixed (only bike I'll buy from Ducati).  There might be some "gear" section fire sales in the near future.  I'm not done with my S4R or the 900 for the moment but this tells me everything I need to know about a boutique shop that doesn't give a shit about their customers.  I wont argue cosmetic defects and warranty repair but for me if I pay some $15 to $20K for a bike it better not have these problems and if it does FIX IT for good.

Laugh all you want - everyone - about Harley but I'm telling you from experience they NEVER fail in making me happy with little do-dads that need repair.  I've also never heard anyone complain, ok there has been two guys who blew up their engine after mods (still in warranty) and not "legal" mods mind you.  And the 10k service cost $386 bones too.  Grin

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

« Reply #2193 on: January 13, 2012, 04:38:38 PM »

But it ain't (the same kind of) fun to ride... Too bad RC 51's are few and far between now, not to mention way out of date technology wise. They were a fun v-powered sport bike, to be sure.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2194 on: January 13, 2012, 04:39:51 PM »

BULLSHIT!

And yes I plan on jumping ship unless the Multi issues are fixed (only bike I'll buy from Ducati).  There might be some "gear" section fire sales in the near future.  I'm not done with my S4R or the 900 for the moment but this tells me everything I need to know about a boutique shop that doesn't give a shit about their customers.  I wont argue cosmetic defects and warranty repair but for me if I pay some $15 to $20K for a bike it better not have these problems and if it does FIX IT for good.

Laugh all you want - everyone - about Harley but I'm telling you from experience they NEVER fail in making me happy with little do-dads that need repair.  I've also never heard anyone complain, ok there has been two guys who blew up their engine after mods (still in warranty) and not "legal" mods mind you.  And the 10k service cost $386 bones too.  Grin
I have a question...

did you object to the settlement officially?

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

« Reply #2195 on: January 13, 2012, 04:41:42 PM »

Good question too, since ya did have an affected-model. My 03 didn't count

muskrat

« Reply #2196 on: January 13, 2012, 06:02:02 PM »

I do.  I had my S2R with three replacement tanks.  I'm glad I now have metal tanks and I plan on keeping it that way.  I'm just upset at how this played out and feel bad for all the owners out there whose bikes will need repair. 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Desert Dust
Ten Most Popular Uses for a

"There's no glamour in Nirvana, no glamour at all"

« Reply #2197 on: January 13, 2012, 08:41:13 PM »

BULLSHIT!

Jump ship if you must......but a HARLEY?Huh?Huh?? 1964 technology? Stay Itallian my friend! Aprillia bow down

07 S2R 1K:  "You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”
muskrat

« Reply #2198 on: January 13, 2012, 09:21:41 PM »

yes a HARLEY.  Funny how bashing continues even though most Ducs on the road have dated technology too, exception being the most recent 5 years or so.  It serves it's purpose and I love it.   Tongue

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
poseur

« Reply #2199 on: January 13, 2012, 09:56:30 PM »

BULLSHIT!

waytogo
Frisco

« Reply #2200 on: January 14, 2012, 06:02:48 AM »

Well it looks like there will be an 07 S4RS for sale within the next 18 months - shame because I really like the bike but there are so many choices out there - highly doubt another Duc will be among the final list though.

2007 S4RS
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2201 on: January 14, 2012, 06:11:58 AM »

I do.  I had my S2R with three replacement tanks.  I'm glad I now have metal tanks and I plan on keeping it that way.  I'm just upset at how this played out and feel bad for all the owners out there whose bikes will need repair. 
Did you formally object to the proposed settlement either on your own or through ducatiz?

It's a simple question.

perspective

muskrat

« Reply #2202 on: January 14, 2012, 07:05:55 AM »

Did you formally object to the proposed settlement either on your own or through ducatiz?

It's a simple question.
Yes.  I didn't send anything to Ducatiz because I don't have plastic tanks though.  No dog in this fight....at this time.

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
HotIce

« Reply #2203 on: January 14, 2012, 08:13:31 AM »

yes a HARLEY.  Funny how bashing continues even though most Ducs on the road have dated technology too, exception being the most recent 5 years or so.  It serves it's purpose and I love it.   Tongue
Try buying an XR1200X, and see how happy you will be with its tank  Cool
HD has the same issues Ducati has with its tank, and nowhere they stepped forward in making it right (besides the dumb tank-replace saga).

http://www.xr1200ownersgroup.com/site/showthread.php?1969-gas-tank-issues-again

I know, because an XR1200X was pretty high in my likings.
muskrat

« Reply #2204 on: January 14, 2012, 08:17:12 AM »

no interest in that bike and if I owned it the same thing would be said.  I have a metal tank as does most everyone else.

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: