Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 28, 2024, 11:19:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 842003 times)
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #3825 on: August 29, 2012, 06:05:01 PM »

Sporting clays would be a waste of money for a first time out.  You will probably get the most hits with Trap with a decent gun and a few pointers.

Sporting Clays would be fun if you enjoy watching clay pigeons fly/roll away unscathed.

imho

Good on ya for getting out there and introducing the sport to your step son! waytogo
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:08:03 PM by rgramjet » Logged

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #3826 on: August 31, 2012, 05:15:42 AM »

Sporting clays would be a waste of money for a first time out.  You will probably get the most hits with Trap with a decent gun and a few pointers.

Sporting Clays would be fun if you enjoy watching clay pigeons fly/roll away unscathed.

imho

Good on ya for getting out there and introducing the sport to your step son! waytogo
I guess I'm a good shot then. Sporting clays was my introduction to shotgunning. Grin

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #3827 on: August 31, 2012, 10:22:44 AM »

I guess I'm a good shot then. Sporting clays was my introduction to shotgunning. Grin

How many did you hit per round the first day?  I would bet you would have done better with trap the firat time.

Dont get me wrong, sporting clays/5 stand are a blast!

I dont shoot trap enough to care about a handicap.  I consistantly shoot 22-24 off the first position with my miraculously fitting Winchester Model 12.  Thats good enough for me.

First few times shooting sporting clays shot consistant 14s.  Used a buddys over/under.  Humbling.

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
DW

« Reply #3828 on: September 03, 2012, 04:34:45 PM »

Picked up a Browning Buckmark .22 used yesterday and ran it through its paces today. Very nice shooter!  Light trigger, good balance, near zero recoil and excellent cost per shot. Sent at least 300 rnds down range. Very accurate.

On a semi related note, I'll be selling off a Bersa Thunder 380 to pay for this one. Looks like I need to figure out how gunbroker works.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3829 on: September 04, 2012, 04:41:37 PM »

On a semi related note, I'll be selling off a Bersa Thunder 380 to pay for this one. Looks like I need to figure out how gunbroker works.

Lots of pics.  Require payment via postal money order.  Know your state laws.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

« Reply #3830 on: September 06, 2012, 03:22:36 PM »

Ok after constantly answering questions on my YT channel (The NFA Review Channel - YouTube) on the legalities of firearm silencers I figured I would just do a video on it! lol

More info has been added to the description below the video. If you see a typo or want me to add something please let me know.

I hope you enjoy the video. If you have a YT account leave a comment under the video. Thanks!

2012 Monster 1100EVO Black/grey
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #3831 on: September 06, 2012, 05:14:54 PM »

How many did you hit per round the first day?  I would bet you would have done better with trap the firat time.

Dont get me wrong, sporting clays/5 stand are a blast!

I dont shoot trap enough to care about a handicap.  I consistantly shoot 22-24 off the first position with my miraculously fitting Winchester Model 12.  Thats good enough for me.

First few times shooting sporting clays shot consistant 14s.  Used a buddys over/under.  Humbling.
I did better with the sporting clays than I did with the skeet. There were 3 birds per station. I missed on on the first station only hit one of two rabbits and missed two that went over head from behind me. All others were hits. I suck at skeet. 50% shooter there.

Thomas Jefferson

ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #3832 on: September 06, 2012, 05:16:38 PM »

Ok after constantly answering questions on my YT channel (The NFA Review Channel - YouTube) on the legalities of firearm silencers I figured I would just do a video on it! lol

More info has been added to the description below the video. If you see a typo or want me to add something please let me know.

I hope you enjoy the video. If you have a YT account leave a comment under the video. Thanks!

I watch your youtube videos all of the time. These videos helped me make up my mind to get a suppressor.  Thanks!

Thomas Jefferson

ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #3833 on: September 06, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »

Savage bolt action .22LR build update:
Base rifle is in hand
scope is mounted to the action
supressor is in hand
I have ordered the custom stock (thumbhole laminate) 8 week lead time

I still need:
trigger gaurd
stock hardware
bipod
stock finishing kit
(time and money)

Thomas Jefferson

Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #3834 on: September 06, 2012, 05:57:29 PM »

I love the thumb hole stocks. I've never shot one but damn are they ergonomic

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

« Reply #3835 on: September 06, 2012, 06:31:08 PM »

I watch your youtube videos all of the time. These videos helped me make up my mind to get a suppressor.  Thanks!

Thanks!

stateprez

« Reply #3836 on: September 06, 2012, 07:37:45 PM »

I didn't watch the whole suppressor video since I've already been through the process, so I apologize if any of this is redundant....

Supposedly the ATF has hired temps to handle some of the clerical work and free up the examiners.  However, apparently they have been kicking back trusts and forms for spacing and other minor discrepancies that they were previously signing off on.

I heard some had previously passed forms with intentions stating "Zombie Apocalypse," etc.  I know this because some moron posted on our regional gun forum that his was kicked back for this, recently.

Anyway, Tony Rumore isn't taking on any more SBS builds for 2 years....http://kitup.military.com/2012/08/tromix-is-good-people.html#more-20297

'03 999 Mono
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

« Reply #3837 on: September 11, 2012, 06:47:41 PM »

we win!

fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #3838 on: September 12, 2012, 07:11:36 AM »

Good clean all American fun! waytogo

Reminds me of last weekend at my buddy's ranch in west TX for the opening of dove season. Dove hunting was a little light so on Sunday we all spent the day at the stock tank shooting at the berm we built last year. The tank was dry from draught last year and we rented a small bulldozer and used my friend's Case tractor with a front end loader and box blade to clean out and enlarge the tank. We use all the extra dirt to build a proper shooting berm 12-15' high and a good 40' long. 

Last Sunday was a full day of shooting. There were 10-12 shooters going in rotation for most of the day. I had ISPC cardboard on stands as well as Artnzen steel targets to plink at. One of the rat pack brought his supply of Tannerite and we damn sure had some fun with that! waytogo bacon Nothing like good friends, holiday weekend in the country, guns, good food and drink, dove hunting and explosives... does it get any better? Wink

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3839 on: September 12, 2012, 09:26:21 AM »

I love the thumb hole stocks. I've never shot one but damn are they ergonomic

You have to be careful, some are not well designed for it, and you're really stuck with one setup with it.  MacMillan has some that are adjustable for grip angle (I think it was macmillan)

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: