Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 28, 2024, 07:19:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 841850 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3960 on: October 09, 2012, 11:27:22 AM »

Ain't nothin' better than a good trigger. It can turn a POS firearm into a favorite! waytogo Glad the mods made you happy. bacon popcorn

I had the same feeling when I had a trigger fix on a PAC 1911 I have.  I bought it for $220 new, and it proved to be defective, the safety would drop when you pulled the trigger while the safety was ok.  I couldn't return it, it was too late.

I dropped it at a smith that I knew and he basically threw out the old sear and hammer parts and put in some USGI parts with some massaging.  The gun was physically beautiful, and with that fix, it was perfect and now I've had it for 10+ years with no issues.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #3961 on: October 10, 2012, 06:57:09 AM »

Gotcha.  You can't have a gas 9mm if you're going to run it with a can.  The bolt will barely move.  I've "heard" of someone making an ultralight bolt that was adapted from a Daewoo -- about half the weight -- with a lighter recoil spring, but never saw it.  There just isn't enough gas to sap to move the bolt.

I have a shorty AR in 7.62 Tokarev which is blowback.  Love it.  No can, and if I want ss loads, I'll have to do it myself, but it really is satisfying to shoot.  Tok is very hot and even with a 10" barrel it gets close to 1600 fps at the muzzle.  They made it for both pistol and the PPS 16" barrel, so they had to split the difference in the powder -- it seems to like the 10" barrel most of all.
This is why I’m building my suppressed 9mm SBR(5.5") out of a JRC (Just Right Carbine) rifle.

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #3962 on: October 10, 2012, 07:25:02 AM »

This is why I’m building my suppressed 9mm SBR(5.5") out of a JRC (Just Right Carbine) rifle.

It might be cheaper to use AR components to make a blowback.  It's pretty easy to do.  The lower remains the same and since you're registering that lower as an SBR, you can register it with a 7" barrel and "multicaliber" and then slap a regular AR upper on it anytime you like.

All you need for a blowback AR is a modified upper.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
stateprez

« Reply #3963 on: October 10, 2012, 01:35:35 PM »

you can register it with a 7" barrel and "multicaliber" and then slap a regular AR upper on it anytime you like.
I'm pretty sure you can't do this anymore.  You have to specify a caliber on the Form 1, or they will kick it back.  Once it's approved you can swap any caliber/length upper on the SBR, as long as you can return it to the specified caliber/barrel length.

So basically, you always have to have the documented configuration available.  I had my broker check on it for my .22/.300 BLK next project.

My .22 can is in- going to pick it up in the AM!

'03 999 Mono
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #3964 on: October 10, 2012, 01:56:56 PM »

Yahoo for .22lr cans! waytogo If I ever get another Class III toy it will be a .22lr canned Ruger 1022 or MKII. Grin

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #3965 on: October 10, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure you can't do this anymore.  You have to specify a caliber on the Form 1, or they will kick it back.  Once it's approved you can swap any caliber/length upper on the SBR, as long as you can return it to the specified caliber/barrel length.

So basically, you always have to have the documented configuration available.  I had my broker check on it for my .22/.300 BLK next project.

My .22 can is in- going to pick it up in the AM!

Interesting. Can you list more than one?  Its been a few years for me.  I wonder if one can list a diameter like .30.

stateprez

« Reply #3966 on: October 10, 2012, 04:58:13 PM »

Interesting. Can you list more than one?  Its been a few years for me.  I wonder if one can list a diameter like .30.
For a Form 1 my understanding is that you can only list one caliber.  I don't know what would constitute and what wouldn't- ie if you put ".XX MULTI," I'm guessing they'd bounce it.  You can put whatever barrel length, or OAL you want, but those would have to be numerical.

We called the examiner for my state to check on my OAL- We told him we subtracted the difference in barrel lengths for a stock Colt Carbine to the 5" I'm using.  He said that was fine, so they know they are approving speculated dimensions. 

Like I said before, some people were previously approved with "Zombie Apocalypse" and crap listed under the "Purpose," which are now getting bounced. 

'03 999 Mono
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #3967 on: October 11, 2012, 03:12:56 AM »

Enough with the gun law please.

Thanks.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #3968 on: October 11, 2012, 07:22:46 AM »

Enough with the gun law please.

Thanks.
I feel that this is more of a discussion about regulations and process, not law. How to fill out a form is a process. If anything comes of this, it will be the ability to ask good questions when the time comes. This is very helpful. I'm in the process of trying to figure out these rules now. I have a multi-caliber project. Now I know to ask the proper authority a very specific question when I'm filling out my paperwork.

Thomas Jefferson

stateprez

« Reply #3969 on: October 11, 2012, 09:21:40 AM »

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions- my dealer is a great help.  I can put you in touch with him also.

I got to line up my SBR build to check the rail length....I think I'm going to do a 7" Troy TRX Rail.  That way when I'm not using the suppressor I can put a 3.3" Noveske KX3 flash hider on and have about 1" exposed past the rail.

Teaser.....my fixed barrel mount isn't in, so I couldn't mount it.

'03 999 Mono
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #3970 on: October 11, 2012, 10:54:51 AM »

It might be cheaper to use AR components to make a blowback.  It's pretty easy to do.  The lower remains the same and since you're registering that lower as an SBR, you can register it with a 7" barrel and "multicaliber" and then slap a regular AR upper on it anytime you like.

All you need for a blowback AR is a modified upper.
JRC's can be found between $550 and $700. I also like the controls better than the AR controls. They seem to be a bit more natural for me. JRC uses Glock mags as well. I will have the ability to swap it over to 40 S&W and 45ACP from 9mm. This will give me what Im looking for.

Thomas Jefferson

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #3971 on: October 12, 2012, 03:39:30 AM »

I feel that this is more of a discussion about regulations and process, not law. How to fill out a form is a process. If anything comes of this, it will be the ability to ask good questions when the time comes. This is very helpful. I'm in the process of trying to figure out these rules now. I have a multi-caliber project. Now I know to ask the proper authority a very specific question when I'm filling out my paperwork.
Regs and process are part of the law. We just don't do that here.

You know who the folks are that are familiar with the process.

Take it to pm please.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #3972 on: October 12, 2012, 06:56:39 AM »

Yeppers. What he said^. Wink

I'm as guilty as anyone speaking about gun law. Shit, I've almost cluster bombed my own thread. PM your heart out. Just no gun law/rules on the thread... just gun stuff. Thank you. Grin

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #3973 on: October 13, 2012, 06:01:57 PM »

Always a good reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et33bbA0GeM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #3974 on: October 16, 2012, 08:27:12 AM »

Yes it is!

Thomas Jefferson

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: