Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 12, 2024, 06:26:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're too stupid to... own a diesel small truck  (Read 249998 times)
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #360 on: July 15, 2013, 04:51:22 PM »

Funky indeed.  vomit

duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #361 on: July 15, 2013, 06:02:56 PM »

Yeah... that's just as bad as the Holden's fascia, which came straight off the Equinox crossover.

The styling on the Isuzu D-Max may not be anything to write home about, but that's another small truck I'd gladly wheel around the countryside in.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #362 on: July 15, 2013, 06:55:55 PM »

I'm not so concerned about the front.

It's a truck.  It's a work vehicle.

All these air haulers have given trucks the wrong image.  It's not a glamor vehicle. It's something to haul stumps and loads of manure around in.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #363 on: July 15, 2013, 07:40:26 PM »

^^True but i don't want to grimace every time i walk out into the driveway. Trucks are pretty much the same silhouette over and over again so the designers can really only make their mark with the front.

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #364 on: July 15, 2013, 08:42:32 PM »

^^True but i don't want to grimace every time i walk out into the driveway. Trucks are pretty much the same silhouette over and over again so the designers can really only make their mark with the front.

I understand, but it just sounds so effete.  "Oh gawd, that truck is just sooooo ugly."  lol  it's a TRUCK.  You're driving an open box around!

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
suzyj

Does my bum look big on this?

« Reply #365 on: July 15, 2013, 09:56:08 PM »

GM actually, quote from Wikipedia:
"General Motors produces cars and trucks in 37 countries, and sells and services the vehicles through the following brands: Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Baojun, Holden, Isuzu, Jie Fang, Opel, Vauxhall, and Wuling."

Been reading about diesel swaps in Rovers and the Isuzu engines keep coming up, specifically the tdi that goes in the Trooper (Bighorn for you Aussies?). More and more tempting, especially if I can convert to biodiesel and get cheap oil from fast food chains, talk about a never-ending supply! laughingdp

I ran my peugeot 307 on 100% biodiesel for the first 40,000km of it's life, before bio got too hard to find. It's bloody good gear, better lubricity, lower exhause temps, burns off at lower temp in the particulate filter, cleans the crap out of the fuel system. All good.

Good luck finding waste vege oil though - the biodiesel producers have every litre of the stuff stitched up.

2007 Monster 695 with a few mods.
2013 Piaggio Typhoon 50 2 stroke speed demon.
LowThudd
"Here I come to save the Daaaay" says my

« Reply #366 on: July 15, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »

My MB LOVES biodiesel. Unfortunately the only local biodiesel supplier recently got their pumps shut down because the EPA was worried that the underground tanks might leak the non-toxic and biodegradable fuel into the ground which sits upon a 50 year old landfill. They were not worried about the other diesel fuels, or the RUG or various race fuels they sell. Just the Biodiesel.  Huh? If someone can explain that to me, I would love to understand.  Roll Eyes
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #367 on: July 15, 2013, 10:49:08 PM »

NOPE, me no likes that fascia . . . vomit
Nah, me either. 

I'm not so concerned about the front.

It's a truck.  It's a work vehicle.

All these air haulers have given trucks the wrong image.  It's not a glamor vehicle. It's something to haul stumps and loads of manure around in.

I understand, but it just sounds so effete.  "Oh gawd, that truck is just sooooo ugly."  lol  it's a TRUCK.  You're driving an open box around!
And yet... ?   Grin

wtf is it with ford's front ends nowadays???

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #368 on: July 16, 2013, 03:30:59 AM »

[=]

Super dooty

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #369 on: July 16, 2013, 06:32:33 AM »

And yet... ?   Grin

LOL!

That doesn't mean I wouldn't use it!  I don't need a big truck like that, but hell, make me a deal on one and I'll take it!

duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #370 on: July 16, 2013, 10:18:43 AM »

Actually, I think that's my problem with a bunch of the "styling" on pickups today.  C'mon, guys... it's a box for hauling crap that's too big/dirty/heavy/whatever to fit in a car.  My ideal "truck" styling pretty much hit its peak in the 90's.  Then when Ford made that goofy soft car-styled F150 (starting in '97) the pickup became a suburban soccer-mom-mobile and it all went downhill from there.  Hence my dislike of the Holden and Mazda fascias... kinda the epitome of the air hauler.  I can just see a bunch of those running around the suburbs carrying absolutely zilch in the bed.

That's another reason I like the Silverado.  There are a few goofy styling cues, but it's the most "basic box" of the HD trucks.  That's all I wanted.  I use ours to haul motorcycles, firewood, cars, tractor implements, furniture, bags of seed, plants... anything and everything needed to manage and maintain the 600 acres we live on (and feed my motorcycle addiction).  When I lived closer to civilization, I didn't need a truck, so I didn't have one.  No need to "haul air".

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #371 on: July 16, 2013, 11:19:43 AM »

wait Dan....let me get this straight for a moment....you use your truck as a .......gasp.....a truck?!?!?!

Wink

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #372 on: July 16, 2013, 03:37:41 PM »

wait Dan....let me get this straight for a moment....you use your truck as a .......gasp.....a truck?!?!?!

Wink
seems to be a rare thing
I use my car as a truck more than most people use their trucks as trucks  laughingdp

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
LowThudd
"Here I come to save the Daaaay" says my

« Reply #373 on: July 16, 2013, 03:57:25 PM »

Ditto!
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #374 on: July 16, 2013, 06:13:03 PM »

Some news on the GM front These are pretty big for midsizes which makes them perfect for me! About the same size as my old 97' Chevy 1500 excab, ie perfect size for a pickup.

I use ours to haul motorcycles, firewood, cars, tractor implements, furniture, bags of seed, plants... anything and everything needed to manage and maintain the 600 acres we live on (and feed my motorcycle addiction).  When I lived closer to civilization, I didn't need a truck, so I didn't have one.  No need to "haul air".

Pics or it didn't happen!

My taco....doing manly things.....

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: