Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 12, 2024, 06:24:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're too stupid to... own a diesel small truck  (Read 249998 times)
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #525 on: September 29, 2013, 03:51:02 PM »

I *want* that VW.

Too bad at $47k Euros it's more expensive than my 2500HD Duramax LTZ CCSB 4x4. Roll Eyes

Guess I'll just keep rockin' the big Silverado...

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #526 on: September 29, 2013, 04:05:51 PM »

Sadly the VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI is waaaaaaaaaaay out of our[wife+me] purchasing league, so, she is sorta locked into this one, http://pa.chevroletcentroamerica.com/suvs/trax.html . . . sadly no diesel . . .

If theNissan Juke had a diesel available

or if this Mitsubishi where also imported as a diesel . . .

Why, because since diesel here has a high sulfur content, Asian manufacturers, execpt for the commercial vehicles, are not importing diesels . ..   :'(

<edit>
If my wife liked this one, http://www.nissan.com.pa/vehiculo/x-trail . . .
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 04:07:49 PM by Darkmonster620 » Logged

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #527 on: September 29, 2013, 04:12:24 PM »

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
MendoDave
« Reply #528 on: September 29, 2013, 06:01:09 PM »

Sadly the VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI is waaaaaaaaaaay out of our[wife+me] purchasing league, so, she is sorta locked into this one, http://pa.chevroletcentroamerica.com/suvs/trax.html . . . sadly no diesel . . .

If theNissan Juke had a diesel available

or if this Mitsubishi where also imported as a diesel . . .

Why, because since diesel here has a high sulfur content, Asian manufacturers, execpt for the commercial vehicles, are not importing diesels . ..   :'(

<edit>
If my wife liked this one, http://www.nissan.com.pa/vehiculo/x-trail . . .

Go with the Nissan. GM Has just made too made Crap vehicles over the years. They look nice but...

At least look under the hood and ask yourself how hard would it be to do this or that.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #529 on: September 29, 2013, 06:06:33 PM »

Go with the Nissan. GM Has just made too made Crap vehicles over the years. They look nice but...

At least look under the hood and ask yourself how hard would it be to do this or that.

The Chevy Cruze is designed by Suzuki and I believe the diesel engine is too.

Suzukis are not bad cars for their segment.

The Chevy Equinox is also a Suzuki.  All the higher rated chevies are.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #530 on: September 29, 2013, 06:08:02 PM »

The Chevy Equinox is also a Suzuki.  All the higher rated chevies are.

Yes, I am trying to steer her to a GrandVitara with the 2.4L engine . . .thing is, it only comes with said engine, in 4 dr trim . . .

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MendoDave
« Reply #531 on: September 29, 2013, 06:10:35 PM »

The Chevy Equinox is also a Suzuki.  All the higher rated chevies are.

Yes one of the the only good Chevy's I ever owned was a 91 S10 and I think it was designed by Mitsubishi.

Edit: Wiki says Isuzu
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:13:08 PM by Mendo Dave » Logged
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #532 on: September 29, 2013, 06:13:42 PM »

Yes one of the the only good Chevy's I ever owned was a 91 S10 and I think it was designed by Mitsubishi.

Edit: Wiki says Isuzu
Isuzu .. .

Carlos
MendoDave
« Reply #533 on: September 29, 2013, 06:20:01 PM »

Isuzu .. .

Yea that one got over 300K before it went to the bone yard with only a few minor design flaws. most notably the throwout bearing chirped all its life despite being replaced once, the oil pressure senders going out all the time and the return springs on the interior door release. otherwise it was a pretty good rig. cant say the same for some other GM things Ive owned. the other good ones I've owned were a 1976 GMC Jimmy, and a 1972 Camaro RS.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #534 on: September 29, 2013, 06:21:42 PM »

just saw your edit . . . .

Carlos
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #535 on: September 29, 2013, 06:23:02 PM »

The current Chevy Colorado is an Isuzu iirc. 

They design the bigger cars and trucks but almost all the smaller stuff is suzuki or isuzu.

One correction the diesel in the Cruze is from VM just like Chryslers.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #536 on: September 29, 2013, 06:30:02 PM »

VM?

ANyways, just Mitsubishi in their pick ups and Montero, Nissan on pick ups and X-Trail and Toyota on pick ups and Prado SUV have diesels, sadly Suzuki wont import the Grand Vitara with the diesel engine . . .

Now, if we had an Opel dealership, I would take this one, http://www.opel.de/fahrzeuge/modelle/personenwagen/antara/configurator.html#engine

Carlos
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #537 on: September 29, 2013, 06:32:31 PM »

Quote from: Darkmonster620 link=topic=52019.msg1205667#msg1205667
VM?

VM Motori, of Italy.   Former owner of Ducati!

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/1208dp_banks_vm_motori_630t_v6_diesel_engine/

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #538 on: September 29, 2013, 06:36:49 PM »

Oh . . .

Interesting article . . .

Carlos
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #539 on: September 29, 2013, 06:40:26 PM »

Oh . . .

Interesting article . . .

Yeah esp the part about VM half owned by Fiat and GM each.  That explains why the Cruze has a VM diesel.

Fiat bought VM from Finn Meccanica in the 90s.  Good deal.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: