Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:16:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 version .. Fuel pump not priming  (Read 23451 times)
CannedIce

« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2014, 12:58:07 PM »

So sorry I didn't see this until now. Chris, at Cycleworks says Ducati part number 51020032A is just the wires and plug and costs $138.80. Not bad for all the pain this problem is causing. Call your local Ducati dealer to get it.

I see Pro Italia has it on their website, but they are all that came up for me when I did a Google search.

Candice Babineau

----Bikes-------
2009 Monster 696
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2014, 01:31:03 PM »

So sorry I didn't see this until now. Chris, at Cycleworks says Ducati part number 51020032A is just the wires and plug and costs $138.80. Not bad for all the pain this problem is causing. Call your local Ducati dealer to get it.

I see Pro Italia has it on their website, but they are all that came up for me when I did a Google search.

No problem, this is the one that I talked with you about, I posted the info on page 2.

Didn't seem to be of any interest.  Undecided

Perhaps other folks with the same problem will be interested.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
cbcanada

« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2014, 06:00:52 PM »

No problem, this is the one that I talked with you about, I posted the info on page 2.

Didn't seem to be of any interest.  Undecided

Perhaps other folks with the same problem will be interested.

No i was going to go for the part. But i just wanted to do it to say i fixed. I was just in that mood :-)
xwingband

« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2014, 07:00:26 AM »

Well, this turned out to be the problem with my bike and due to the series of events it's cost me way more money than it should have.

I took it to my local dealer.  I figured it wasn't worth my time to diddle around with it.  Took them FOREVER.  This is the first non-exclusive Ducati dealer I've been to.  Never again.

A) Diagnosed as fuel pump bad.  Okay... I asked if it was wiring or pump.  Said pump was bad.  I knew this because I could hear it not priming.  Of course I don't want to pay for the OEM assembly for a single bad part.  I buy the CA replacement as I figure it's a known quantity instead of a used one.
B) Dealer installs and it still won't start.  The original tech who worked on mine quit!  So they questioned the diagnosis... as I questioned their competency.  The new tech on my bike wants a full wiring diagram to trace all the wires as he thinks it's something in the "loom".
C) I have to provide them with a manual and wiring diagram because their "local rep" doesn't have a decent enough copy.  Luckily I'm an architect and print a 24x36 copy of the wiring for them!  I don't have to do this, but I don't want them charging me for more time and taking longer because they have a crappy copy of the wiring.
D) They trace everything and come back to the flange wiring!  Which I asked about already.  They proclaim that their original diagnosis was correct because the outcome was the same from their end... replace the fuel assembly.
E) So I tell them to button it up and I'll fix the bike with the CA-Cycleworks kit or the ducati part.
F) Buy kit to find out I need to get ANOTHER part after buying to ensure it works properly.  So here I am buying another Ducati fuel pump/flange assembly to salvage the wiring.  If you're following this I could have done this from the start and swapped in a used fuel pump and the wiring and have been done!

/RANT

This has lead me to wonder what is stopping an external fuel pump from working?  If the whole problem is the internal wiring getting jacked up from fuel... take it out of the fuel!  It seems there are places to put it outside the tank.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: