Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 11:21:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ML builds an old truck  (Read 48700 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #435 on: February 18, 2024, 03:18:05 PM »

Bonus pic because I thought it looked cool

PXL_20240218_231616117 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #436 on: February 18, 2024, 05:39:52 PM »

How's the eye, ML?

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #437 on: February 18, 2024, 06:40:38 PM »

How's the eye, ML?

Still in place, providing visual input daily.

I think that incident changed my prescription though. Or maybe I've just stepped up to the next level of "old"

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #438 on: February 18, 2024, 08:01:07 PM »

Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #439 on: March 02, 2024, 03:53:36 PM »

Been busy building under cab paneling and a brake/clutch/throttle pedal bracket to bolt to the firewall. Finished up the final welds on that today.

PXL_20240225_214728383 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

PXL_20240225_214836591 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

PXL_20240302_191233312 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

PXL_20240302_191238568.MP by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

PXL_20240302_221959309 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

PXL_20240302_221953053 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

PXL_20240302_221949159.MP by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

PXL_20240302_193313726 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

PXL_20240302_193654292 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr
PXL_20240302_193636584 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

PXL_20240302_193659097.MP by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #440 on: March 03, 2024, 05:35:41 AM »

So the masters are in the cab as opposed to the engine compartment?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #441 on: March 03, 2024, 07:28:16 AM »

So the masters are in the cab as opposed to the engine compartment?

Correct. Reservoirs are remote mount on the fire wall- engine side

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #442 on: March 03, 2024, 10:01:17 AM »

Are you going to run one, or two reservoirs?

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #443 on: March 03, 2024, 11:46:00 AM »

Three. Clutch gets its own and the brake pedal gets a reservoir for each master.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #444 on: March 03, 2024, 11:51:43 AM »

Three. Clutch gets its own and the brake pedal gets a reservoir for each master.
Que?

Two brake masters? Do tell.

perspective

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #445 on: March 03, 2024, 12:08:09 PM »

Que?

Two brake masters? Do tell.

Check the picture of the pedal assembly in the truck again. There are three masters there. The clutch gets its own, the front brakes gets their own reservoir and master and the rear brakes get their own reservoir and master.

There is a balance adjustment in the pedal assembly to fine tune front rear ratio.

It's a safety thing. If one of the systems fails you still have either front or rear brakes. Or you've lost them both and you're totally hosed 🤣

Dual mastes are also a requirement for a PA Street Rod registration since I abandoned the antique registration idea.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #446 on: March 03, 2024, 12:18:44 PM »

Odd that a street rod needs two brake masters and every other 4 wheeled vehicle on the road only needs one. Granted they're split systems with a proportioning valve..  Huh?

Carry on.

perspective

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #447 on: March 03, 2024, 12:36:37 PM »

Odd that a street rod needs two brake masters and every other 4 wheeled vehicle on the road only needs one. Granted they're split systems with a proportioning valve..  Huh?

Carry on.

Split master is required for vehicles running tires wider than 9 in. If I were running skinnier tires then I could just go with a single master and a proportioning valve somewhere.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #448 on: March 03, 2024, 12:45:50 PM »

Still seems odd, to me anyway. WTF does tire width have to do with it? laughingdp

perspective

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #449 on: March 03, 2024, 12:54:19 PM »

Still seems odd, to me anyway. WTF does tire width have to do with it? laughingdp

God knows. I don't make the rules I just dance around them Grin

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: