Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 28, 2024, 01:02:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 841638 times)
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #4095 on: December 19, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »

wouldn't torpedo's go in a bomb thread?

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=61187.0

Grin

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4096 on: December 19, 2012, 11:24:03 AM »

what the hell are you shooting at?...moose?
I don't own one.

I bought a bunch of brass and these were in it.

I figured if someone owned one they might be interested.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #4097 on: December 19, 2012, 11:37:22 AM »

I've been asked to report on the Blackhawk recoil suppressing stock on my Mossberg 500.  If the weather holds and the wife doesn't come up with some sort of imaginative chore for me to do, I'll take it out Saturday for a shoot and write what I think.

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #4098 on: December 19, 2012, 12:45:04 PM »

A question...

Does anyone have any experience with Del-Ton?  

So, I went with the Del-Ton.  Due to local custom I cannot pick it up until 26 December so I don't know what it's like to shoot.

Again, anyone have any experience/knowledge about Del-Ton?  Good?  Bad?

Yes

DelTon are excellent.  But frankly most are these days.  They are using pretty much the same CAD and CNC process.  I used to see AR receivers with some variations in the dims but not in the last 10 years.  Now a days the only difference is the finish pretty much

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #4099 on: December 19, 2012, 12:49:14 PM »

Next time I'm in Wood County you can slap me like a...

Well, you can slap me.

Not much ever happening in Wood County so having someone to slap around might keep me off the tractor and give me something to do. laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Let us know what ammo you shoot in your test... birdshot, #4 buck, 00 buck (low recoil or not), slugs, etc. We are expecting a full length dissertation! Grin I personally don't know anyone with one of them new fangled stocks on a scattergun so I am curious to know what you think about it. popcorn

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #4100 on: December 20, 2012, 01:22:01 PM »

Let us know what ammo you shoot in your test... birdshot, #4 buck, 00 buck (low recoil or not), slugs, etc. We are expecting a full length dissertation! Grin I personally don't know anyone with one of them new fangled stocks on a scattergun so I am curious to know what you think about it. popcorn

Unless it's raining Saturday morning I'll be giving it a jolly good rogering.

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4101 on: December 20, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »

Wandered into one of the local shops today after work, on a whim.  What do you suppose they were doing?  Finding a box of six brand new S&W M&P15s, that's what.  Guess what happened next?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #4102 on: December 20, 2012, 03:10:38 PM »

Wandered into one of the local shops today after work, on a whim.  What do you suppose they were doing?  Finding a box of six brand new S&W M&P15s, that's what.  Guess what happened next?

You lost your bladder control and screamed at them for being so evil

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4103 on: December 20, 2012, 03:11:40 PM »

Pee'd all over the place I did.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #4104 on: December 20, 2012, 03:21:02 PM »

Pee'd all over the place I did.

Doesn't that reflect poorly in the "mentally competent" category when undergoing the background check? Undecided

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #4105 on: December 20, 2012, 03:43:58 PM »

Competent and continent are different Grin

I'm gonna swing by the local shop tomorrow to see what I can see. Smiley

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #4106 on: December 21, 2012, 04:53:08 AM »

3D printing of gun parts???

http://www.wtop.com/256/3166925/Click-print-shoot-Downloadable-guns-possible

interesting ramifications....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #4107 on: December 21, 2012, 06:44:20 AM »

3D printing of gun parts???

http://www.wtop.com/256/3166925/Click-print-shoot-Downloadable-guns-possible

interesting ramifications....

been discussed.

It will be a non issue until the printing media is stronger.

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #4108 on: December 21, 2012, 06:59:22 AM »

I guess that depends on the intent...for a toss away/disposable weapon enough to defend for a few shots, in a similar vein to the WW II FP-45 Liberator ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator ) it could be quite perfect...

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #4109 on: December 21, 2012, 07:04:45 AM »

I guess that depends on the intent...for a toss away/disposable weapon enough to defend for a few shots, in a similar vein to the WW II FP-45 Liberator ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator ) it could be quite perfect...

Good point.  But the printed receiver is just one piece, still have to have the machined upper, bolt and barrel.  The Liberator was wholly stamped and used a piece of smoothbore pipe for a barrel, which I believe was regular plumbing pipe IIRC -- 20something total pieces.

If you're going to make a disposable gun, then it's probably going to have a few more disposable pieces.

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: