Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 14, 2024, 03:23:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's started (now its done)  (Read 45523 times)
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »

Paint + threaded hole = that same screw won't fit until you clean the paint off the threads.

If you pulled a screw out of the frame during disassembly, it'd be a good idea to run it back into that hole before there's, like, an engine in the way.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2011, 08:28:10 PM »

No problem, none of the frame mounting holes are threaded, and the painter covered them up with masking tape before painting.

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2011, 08:45:53 PM »

Party bonus.  waytogo

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
scott_araujo

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2011, 10:20:46 AM »

So are you going to post any pics or is it still too soon?

Scott
krolik

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2011, 09:34:02 AM »

So are you going to post any pics or is it still too soon?

Scott

Just got the final invoice for the kit, and it should be here on tuesday. Let the building begin! waytogo

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

krolik

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2011, 01:48:40 PM »

I got the engine back in the frame and the swing arm mounted: 

scott_araujo

« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2011, 12:13:54 PM »

Sweet!  i like the color.  What's that rubber bandy thing hanging off your swingarm? Wink

Did the tank go to Ryca for mods?  Do you still need to get that painted too?  I'm glad you got an ETA for the rest of the kit.  Nice getting a shiny "new" bike that you won't even need to break in Smiley

Scott
krolik

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2011, 06:11:48 PM »

I received 2 of the 4 baxes from Ryca today!  waytogo

Dang UPS delivering packages early!  Grin

scott_araujo

« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2011, 05:39:18 AM »

Now it's really started!
krolik

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2011, 12:15:38 PM »

Here is a picture of the parts from the Ryca kit:

Not in the picture are the exhaust slip on and fork springs.

krolik

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2011, 03:55:33 PM »

Did some work on the Ryca today.

The taillight & license plate holder:

The battery box, belt guard & tank support mounts:

Exhaust header pipe:

I'm sort of at an impasse right now. I'm waiting for some parts to get powder coated and a new set of tank mount grommets from the Suzuki dealer. I need both of the rubber tanks mounts grommets (only had one on the bike) so I can position the tank and line up the seat pan and side covers. Then I can drill the seat pan and line it up on the frame. I want to do that before I send the rest of the parts to the painter, because that is a two week wait for the parts to get painted.

On a good note, Lisa finished the graphic design for the decals, and I have a place lined up to make them for me. I will hopefully have the decals done before I send the rest of the parts to the painter.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:57:59 PM by krolik » Logged

scott_araujo

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2011, 03:59:34 PM »

Nice!  Did you send in the tank?  What did they do to it.  Keep an eye on that tail light.  I had one like it and it died in a few months on the Monster.

Scott
krolik

« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2011, 03:59:56 PM »

Sweet!  i like the color.  What's that rubber bandy thing hanging off your swingarm? Wink

Thats the ultra light weight cosmic string shock absorber. Grin

scott_araujo

« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2011, 07:14:20 PM »

Thats the ultra light weight cosmic string shock absorber. Grin

I meant the black one on the side.  And where's the chain?  Wink

Scott
krolik

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2011, 10:40:35 AM »

I got the decals from the printer.  waytogo

NOw to get the tank, seat pan & side panels aligned. THen I can send all the stuff off to the painter.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: