Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 12, 2024, 06:29:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're too stupid to... own a diesel small truck  (Read 249999 times)
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #885 on: February 08, 2016, 06:47:01 PM »

Thing is, that Taco will likely still be running great at minimal expense long after you've matched the purchasing price in repairs for your Dodge.  I'm not saying that to hate on the US truck, but that's just the way it's been for quite some time.  Three people at work have purchased 2500 series trucks in the last year and two of them have already spent over six weeks in the dealership's service garage.

That is the reason why I bought only imports in the past. Since the quality of US manufactured product has improved and they are employing new technology to catch up with foreign competitors, I decided to take the plunge  Grin
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #886 on: February 20, 2016, 07:47:20 AM »

Interesting:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-trucks/top-15-most-fuel-efficient-2016-trucks/ar-BBpbBgA?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U219DHP
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #887 on: February 22, 2016, 08:05:35 AM »

Very interesting indeed. Practically all were American manufacturers, which shows the new focus of fuel efficiency. I'm wondering why the Japanese manufacturers haven't adapted to this trend. Is it because they mostly sell their more frugal offerings outside the US?

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #888 on: February 22, 2016, 08:35:59 AM »

Very interesting indeed. Practically all were American manufacturers, which shows the new focus of fuel efficiency. I'm wondering why the Japanese manufacturers haven't adapted to this trend. Is it because they mostly sell their more frugal offerings outside the US?
I think it's more an ebb and flow thing.

For years, since the beginning of emission controls in the early 80's when the big three made absolute junk, the Japanese manufacturers offered reliable and efficient vehicles. They garnered the majority of the US market.

Now the US manufacturers have caught up and it's time for the Japanese to up their game and catch back up.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Nekkid Tim

« Reply #889 on: February 22, 2016, 10:53:52 AM »

Thing is, that Taco will likely still be running great at minimal expense long after you've matched the purchasing price in repairs for your Dodge.  I'm not saying that to hate on the US truck, but that's just the way it's been for quite some time.  Three people at work have purchased 2500 series trucks in the last year and two of them have already spent over six weeks in the dealership's service garage.

My last truck was a one owner 1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE; longbed, 2wd, standard cab.  5.3l Vortec V-8.  Bought it for $5,300.00 with 119,000 miles on it in 2010. Sold it last year for $4,300.00 with 178,000 miles on it, running perfectly.  18mpg in my 59,000 miles.  All I had to do was oil changes, wiper blades, and some brake pads. Sold it because I wanted a shorter truck to take up less motorcycle space in my garage, and wanted 4wd so I could drive my wife (a nurse) to work at the hospital during snow events.  So I bought a 1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE; shortbed, 4wd, standard cab.  5.3l Vortec V-8, one owner truck with 69,000 miles on it.   Gonna be hard to match the purchase price of ANY new truck in repairs, running costs, or anything else with this truck, even though it's only getting 15mpg.

Ducati DS1000SS track bike crashed 9/19/16, Ducati DS1000SS Roadster conversion street bike, 2000 Harley FXDX Super Glide Sport, 2006 Harley FLHXI Street Glide, 1967 Honda CL-90 Scrambler
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #890 on: February 23, 2016, 06:21:04 PM »

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #891 on: February 23, 2016, 06:34:44 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #892 on: February 24, 2016, 05:05:23 AM »

NOW, he's got some torque there . . . and speed, after a few meters

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #893 on: February 26, 2016, 12:47:13 PM »

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a28015/report-next-gen-jeep-wrangler-getting-diesel-hybrid-and-truck-versions/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 01:40:36 PM by kopfjäger » Logged

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #894 on: February 26, 2016, 03:11:08 PM »

Hilux  Cheesy

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:21:28 PM by kopfjäger » Logged

Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #895 on: February 26, 2016, 05:58:26 PM »

That's some funny shit K!  Cheesy
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #896 on: March 12, 2016, 11:57:05 AM »

I just peed a little..

"Jeep Comanche: Automaker Reveals Concept Car Ahead of 2016 Easter Jeep Safari
The model is built on a Renegade chassis and includes a 5-footlong bed, a 2.0-liter diesel engine and 9-speed automatic transmission. The model also includes a soft top roof for the truck's cab."

Just make it a crew cab, please oh please.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
NAKID

« Reply #897 on: March 14, 2016, 11:07:21 AM »

I just peed a little..

"Jeep Comanche: Automaker Reveals Concept Car Ahead of 2016 Easter Jeep Safari
The model is built on a Renegade chassis and includes a 5-footlong bed, a 2.0-liter diesel engine and 9-speed automatic transmission. The model also includes a soft top roof for the truck's cab."

Just make it a crew cab, please oh please.

Good God the Renegade is probably the ugliest thing to come out of Jeep since.....EVER!

Why base a pickup off of that?!?!

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #898 on: March 14, 2016, 11:54:30 AM »

Good God the Renegade is probably the ugliest thing to come out of Jeep since.....EVER!

Why base a pickup off of that?!?!

it's a shit-load better looking than the Mahindra diesel truck idea and I was ready to get one.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #899 on: March 14, 2016, 02:11:04 PM »

Shows just how far out of touch I am... I thought they meant THIS Renegade:

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: