Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 12, 2024, 10:21:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're too stupid to... own a diesel small truck  (Read 250090 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #990 on: February 21, 2017, 03:37:53 PM »

It's nice to read, but another full size air hauler in diesel isn't really the point.

The Chevy Colorado is more on point sizewise. 

But I doubt we'll even see those in 5 years after the VW fiasco. 

VW had 2016 models ready to go that did not have the cheat and EPA has refused to certify them.  Just flat out, something like 8000 of them are sitting in a warehouse in California right now.  They will be scrapped.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #991 on: February 21, 2017, 04:13:13 PM »

I just had the first "fix" applied to my 2015 TDI and seems to run the exact same as before and my fuel economy is the same too.
Plus the check bought goodies for the Mustang so win/win

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #992 on: February 22, 2017, 03:51:34 PM »

does anyone here own the diesel colorado yet? its a 3k premium that i dont know if its worth it or not. the fuel is more expensive, you need urea and the mpg gain is okay not spectacular.

but those torque numbers!!! I test drove one and while the torque was immediately apparent compared to the v6, stepping on the gas leaves you wishing for more hp. the 181hp isnt a whole lot.

I did read that you chip mods can really unlock it in terms of hp and torque.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #993 on: February 23, 2017, 08:23:30 AM »

A guy I ride (bicycles) with in New Mexico has one.  He loves it.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #994 on: February 28, 2017, 10:36:50 AM »

I just had the first "fix" applied to my 2015 TDI and seems to run the exact same as before and my fuel economy is the same too.
Plus the check bought goodies for the Mustang so win/win

What model do you have?

My understanding is the 2015s had the least issue.

I have a 2012 passat.  No word on the fix yet.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #995 on: February 28, 2017, 10:37:16 AM »

does anyone here own the diesel colorado yet? its a 3k premium that i dont know if its worth it or not. the fuel is more expensive, you need urea and the mpg gain is okay not spectacular.

but those torque numbers!!! I test drove one and while the torque was immediately apparent compared to the v6, stepping on the gas leaves you wishing for more hp. the 181hp isnt a whole lot.

I did read that you chip mods can really unlock it in terms of hp and torque.

WHo makes the motor?

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #996 on: February 28, 2017, 11:06:32 AM »

What model do you have?

My understanding is the 2015s had the least issue.

I have a 2012 passat.  No word on the fix yet.
2015 Golf
The first fix was just a software download
Next year a new cat and dpf should be available and then I get another check.
Supposedly it still doesn't meet the target even after all that but apparently "good enough"

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #997 on: March 01, 2017, 07:49:41 AM »

2015 Golf
The first fix was just a software download
Next year a new cat and dpf should be available and then I get another check.
Supposedly it still doesn't meet the target even after all that but apparently "good enough"

Interesting.  I can see a new DPF, but why a new cat?

Does your model have the urea injection?

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #998 on: March 01, 2017, 02:56:17 PM »

Interesting.  I can see a new DPF, but why a new cat?

Does your model have the urea injection?

yeah.
Also worth mentioning that I have a full engine warranty until 160,000 miles now. They'll cover anything that trips a check engine light, including ANYTHING with the fuel system

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #999 on: March 01, 2017, 07:06:15 PM »

~~~SNIP~~~
full engine warranty until 160,000 miles now.
~~~SNIP~~~

That's like, what, 3 months for you?

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #1000 on: March 02, 2017, 12:55:39 AM »

That's like, what, 3 months for you?
not lately
I've been working from home probably an average of 2 days a week so that cuts down the mileage a lot, plus I had a bit of a medical thing in 2015 that took me off the road for 6 months so the car is only at 65k believe it or not. My math worked out that the fix was preferable to the buyback. Do wish I had a crystal ball though, I would have made out like a bandit if I had hung on to my 2011 with 200k on it, stuffed it in the back of the garage and did the buyback on it. But alas it was used to get my 2015 before all this fiasco hit.

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #1001 on: March 02, 2017, 08:50:24 AM »

yeah.
Also worth mentioning that I have a full engine warranty until 160,000 miles now. They'll cover anything that trips a check engine light, including ANYTHING with the fuel system

whoa, that's a nice perk. 

I might keep the Passat then.  The buyback on it is $25k.. it's an SEL model and loaded and I doubt I can get anything like it for 25k. 

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #1002 on: March 31, 2017, 08:34:08 AM »

Yo, Randy... Confirm?

https://sofrep.com/78215/indestructible-toyota-hi-lux-finally-coming-america/

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
NAKID

« Reply #1003 on: March 31, 2017, 08:53:38 AM »

Can you copy and paste the whole article? All I see is a brief description then a "log in or sign up to see member content".

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1004 on: March 31, 2017, 09:30:58 AM »

Can you copy and paste the whole article? All I see is a brief description then a "log in or sign up to see member content".
Nah...he can't. That might violate the DMCA, and I see no reason to be a test case.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: